Friday, January 11, 2019

Do you know about Garri Poundo?



Yeah! I just typed Garri poundo. What exactly does that mean!? I should break it down.

Okay! let me start from here, to those that are not familiar with Nigerian foods...






The word Garri originates from the Hausa Language in West Africa. It is used to describe a powdery material made from cassava. It is majorly cooked as Eba or you can drink with water and side chops.




The word Pounded yam, just as the name implies, the yam is pounded to be eaten. This type of food is mainly eaten in Yoruba land in West Africa.





Well, its new to me too tho! Of recent i came across someone eating a particular swallow with a very nice soup of course, and then she burst my head when she said, she is taking original pounded yam mixed with yellow garri. WOOOAAHH!! I was as surprised as you are now! lol.




The yam was pounded half way and she sprinkled garri into the mortal and continue pounding and stirring till it done!!! So I decided to name it Garri poundo!




Ofcourse with a nice combination of such, a good soup should follow!
Good Luck!
Tunes signing out!!




No comments:

Post a Comment